Supplier Benchmark Price (SBP) explanation
What is the SBP?
Suppliers who sell Products on thedeal’s Website are able to include a Supplier Benchmark Price (SBP) in their Product listings.
The SBP is:
the lowest price at which the same product was available from the same Supplier (excluding discounts and special offers) through its normal retail channels (whether in-store, online or otherwise) in the 6 months prior to the Product first being listed on thedeal.
The purpose of including the SBP in Product listings is to give buyers an indication of what the Product might otherwise have been marketed for recently by the Supplier.
Specific matters to note:
Buyers should be aware of the following:
1. The SBP is calculated and provided by the Supplier, not thedeal. thedeal takes no responsibility for SBPs. Any queries about SBP’s must be raised to thedeal who will contact the Supplier before purchase.
2. The SBP is based on the prices at which the Supplier has marketed the same Product itself. It is not necessarily a “market” price or “recommended retail price”. The Product may be available from sources other than the Supplier at a different price during its listing on thedeal.
3. The SBP is not necessarily the price at which the same Product is available from the same Supplier through other channels than thedeal. The Product may be marketed elsewhere by the Supplier at a different price during its listing on thedeal.
4. The Product may no longer be available from the Supplier at the SBP because the Product is now available on thedeal only.
5. The SBP excludes discounts and special offers by the Supplier during the 6 month period over which the SBP is calculated.
6. Where a Product has been listed on thdeal and is re-listed, SBP is still based on the 6 months prior to the Product first being listed on thedeal i.e. 6 months from date of original listing on thedeal, not re-listing.
7. The SBP is based on the Supplier’s pricing information for the same product, brand, model, specification and features for the 6 month period concerned. thedeal encourages Suppliers to not make price distinctions based on minor differences in product specifications or features.
8. Where product has not been sold by the Supplier prior to sale on thedeal, no SBP is stated.